Volunteering for the FAIR
Many thanks go to our awesome volunteer groups!
Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints
Fayette FACTOR Members and Friends
McIntosh High School Beta Club
Before you volunteer...
What to wear: Wear comfortable shoes, expect to lift, bend, wiggle, and maybe dance. If you represent an organization or school, wear your school shirt or colors. Sunscreen might be needed if it's extra sunny outside.
What to bring: Breakfast. I just have bananas and honey buns on site. We'll provide lunch(pizza), chips, cookies, and water. You will have access to a refrigerator if you need it. It's unlikely that we'll have food that is allergy free, so if you have food intolerance, please bring safe lunch or drinks.
How to be a fantastic Volunteer
1. Be safe - Don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable - eating more than one whole GKRC's pecan pie fits into this category.
2. Be smart - Think about what's going on around you - if you can anticipate someone's need, ask first before doing. Tell someone if there's something that needs to be attended to.
3. Be active - Check in with volunteer assignment coordinator when you get in, and she'll give you a job. If your task gets done, and you need something more to do, then check back in. The volunteer assignment coordinator will be conveniently located in the kitchen with all the volunteer snacks and water.
4. Take care of yourself too. Take the time to ask the exhibitors about stuff you and your family can do in the summertime. If you need to take a break, take one (just come back afterwards). Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
5. Out of jobs? Take a bag and do a trash sweep.
Volunteer times and duties
On Friday, 4/19 - 10:30 AM - noon
Things to do:
Unpack, stage, and set up tables in lobby and main area.
Table chart/placecards for indoor exhibitors.
Chalk outline of placement for outdoor exhibits
On Saturday, 4/20 - Two shifts
Ideally, we'd love for you to work throughout the day, but if you only have a couple of hours to commit, let us know at email@example.com or by texting Raissa at (770) 713-6731.
Shift 1: 9AM - Noon
Shift 2: Noon - 3PM